Tuesday, February 16, 2016

English With Meaning

Hello Friends!
My name is Valeriya. My mother language1 is Russian. However I love English and speaking it fluently2 opened a whole3 new world to me.
So if you are a Russian speaker and you are learning English, this blog is for you. Here you will find collection of short but meaningful4 stories, anecdotes and tips for life. All of the material will be a bit simplified5 for your sake6. At the end of each post you will find translations of difficult words, phrases and expressions7 to Russian.
I believe that reading is very effective way to learn a language. But of course communication is the best. I understand that it is probably your weak point8(that is why you are here!) So I also offer you a little communication. You can post your comments for each story, for example your opinion9 or a thought10 that came to your mind, and I will help you to correct it. Don't be shy11 to make mistakes - you will not learn otherwise12.
The stories in  this blog are filled with simple wisdom13 because my main goal is not to teach you English but to give you food for thought.
Most of all - enjoy it. I know that mastering a language is difficult. Besides English, I am learning two more languages, so I know how you feel.  But you will see, as you do not give up14 it will get easier15. And you will enjoy16 it and discover new things and new you too!
  1. mother language – родной язык
  2. fluently - свободно
  3. whole – целый
  4. meaningful – со смыслом
  5. a bit simplified – немного упрощенный
  6. for your sake – для вас, ради вас
  7. expressions – выражения
  8. weak point – слабое место
  9. opinion – мнение
  10. thought – мысль
  11. shy – стеснительный
  12. otherwise – по другому
  13. wisdom – мудрость
  14. do not give up – не сдавайтесь
  15. easier (easy) – легче
  16. enjoy – наслаждаться. получать удовольствие

No comments:

Post a Comment